If you care for the aesthetic value of your home exteriors, you should definitely consider the idea of an outdoor fountain. Compared to some of the other water features, such as a stagnant pond, outdoor fountains are easier to mainly, primarily because the water movement is constant, which prevents water stagnation that often leads to algae growth. Thanks to some amazing services and options, buying luxury fountains doesn’t have to be hard, but before you take the decision, here are some of the aspects you need to consider.
- Consider the space. A big fountain for a small garden can be a major design flaw. You need to understand the amount of space you have, and if you are not sure of the size and style that will work best for your outdoor area, consider talking to a landscaping artist. Or else, call a known vendor for outdoor fountains and ask for ideas.
- Consider the power source. Outdoor fountains can be powered by either electricity or solar power. If you are considering the latter, make sure that the fountain will be placed in an area that gets at least five hours of consistent sunlight.
- Consider the style. If you don’t have enough ground space, you can always consider what’s called a wall fountain. Keep in mind that whatever design you choose, it has to match the overall style and theme of your outdoor area. Things that will surround the fountain will have an impact on the choice.
- Consider maintenance. More often than not, homeowners invest in fountains without considering the maintenance needs. For example, brass or copper fountains may need more care due to exposure to weather elements. When you check for options, talk to the vendor directly to know more on the upkeep requirements.
- Consider price. Outdoor fountains come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, and it really depends on your budget. We strongly recommend that you set a budget in mind and then look for options, especially if you don’t want to spend more than a basic amount. Also, think of the fountain as an investment for the long run, so whatever you select has to last the test of time.
Finally, do consider the trends and new styles. Some fountains are designed to attract birds, while others require careful installation. Do your homework, find the best vendors and take a call depending on your needs.