In most homes, HVAC systems are used extensively, and with years of use, these systems, including air ducts, can harbor dust, allergens, mold and other contaminants. Experts recommend getting air ducts cleaned at least once in three years, while inspections must be done annually, at least for HVAC systems that have been in use for more than ten years. If you want to hire the best company for air duct cleaning in Phoenix, you must ask the right questions. Here is a list that may help.
- How long have you been in business? Experience is critical for selecting a company for such jobs. You need to know the array of services that they provide and must check if they can handle older HVAC systems.
- Do you have an in-house team? Cleaning air ducts is a serious job that requires experience and expertise. Ensure that the company you choose has its own team of insured, bonded and trained technicians.
- Will you offer an estimate in advance? This is also a valid question, considering that extensive cleaning can be expensive. Most companies will offer a no-obligation estimate, which should be inclusive of all charges.
- Do you offer maintenance contracts? Yearly cleaning is not required for air ducts, but inspection can help in preventing issues with HVAC systems. Check if the company is open to maintenance, and if the pricing makes sense.
- Will you offer references? A company that has been in the business of air duct cleaning for a while will never shy away from sharing credentials. Ask for local references, call up a few clients and find more about their experience.
- Can you handle a mold problem? Mold removal is a complicated job and the right process, methods, equipment and chemicals must be used for cleanup. Ask the air duct cleaning service in advance about this.
- Are you insured and licensed? A company that deals in HVAC services must be licensed, insured for the job. Besides workers’ compensation insurance, they must also have general liability insurance, as well.
You need a professional air duct cleaning service for your home, and it only makes sense that you enquire about the expertise of the company. It is also important to check what other clients have to say about the service, for which you can check reviews online. Contact a few services and get an estimate after initial inspection.
Professional Cleaners services provide you with a variety of services that include cleaning your yard or pet areas as well as doing light repairs around your house/office including painting and carpentry.